Whenever online magazines need to get some extra content, it’s an easy temptation to just throw in an interview with a designer, coder, typographer, or other expert. While it’s usually a fun read – and sometimes even informative – it never reaches a higher significance, something you’ll bookmark to come back to later.
Smashing Magazine featured in the April issue a survey of 35 designers, asking each to name
- one aspect of design they give the highest priority to
- one most useful CSS-technique they use very often
- one font they use in their projects very often
- one design-related book they highly recommend to read
- one design magazine they read on a daily/weekly basis (online or offline)
By including many of the big names in web design, it makes for a great survey, a great snapshot. Read full article »