Benefits of Converting to a CMS
In our experience, many small- and medium-sized businesses fail to keep their sites fresh because of the difficulties faced with HTML code and other technical issues. As a result, sites don’t support their intended purpose any longer – in effect, the initial investment into the custom-design is wasted.
Fortunately, websites run from content-management-systems (CMS) are easy to maintain, and many of our existing clients have converted all their static sites to the new platform. Let’s hear it from SUNY Buffalo professor John Richard:
“Bright Launch has created a website for the Division that is a model for simplicity and elegance, in addition to being very easy to update for those with a minimal knowledge of web-programming. The result is a tremendous improvement of the communication of the Division’s activities to its members.”
Professor John Richard
Division of Biological Chemistry of the
American Chemical Society
- It’s fast. Within just three minutes, you can file your first posts. Bright Launch provides step-by-step instructions, so that the learning curve stays flat.
- It’s convenient. Use any browser to connect from anywhere to your website administration panel. No additional software is necessary, for example to upload images to the server.
- It’s easy. No HTML knowledge is necessary, and if you can handle Microsoft Word you’re fully prepared. Cut and Paste, that’s it.
- It’s free. Sure, you’ll pay Bright Launch once to set it up, but the software itself is open-source. You don’t pay a dime for updates, plugins and add-on features.
- It’s secure. As an open-source application, your blog engine has been built and examined by thousands of volunteer developers, and occasional security patches are easily installed.
Why Hire Bright Launch?
Blogging and Bulletin Boards are inherently more user-interactive than static websites, allowing an engaged readership build a community of like-minded fans and greatly adding to a rich tapestry of content. So, do you need an experienced partner like Bright Launch to start blogging?
- If you plan to casually blog without intending to make money, you’re probably sufficiently served by generic solutions such as WordPress or Tumblr.
- If you desire to generate advertising dollars with your blogging activities, you would be well served with a custom design – Bright Launch can give you a turnkey solution and facilitate your entry in the blogosphere with hands-on training sessions.
- Maybe you want to convert your static website to a blog-like content-management system (CMS) to make it easier to update or to entice your visitors to stay around longer. In that case, Bright Launch can migrate your existing site design over to the new platform – this site itself is a perfect example, running on the popular WordPress engine.
What Are You Waiting For?
- Want to enlist Bright Launch? Download our request for information (RFI) questionaire, and tell us about your objectives, requirements and vision for your site or bulletin board.
- Interested in further resources? Visit our FAQ and Resources section, and don’t forget to browse the blogging section of articles.
- Need to discuss your specific project? Call us for a free consultation.