However, the benefits of good design are seen nowhere as clearly as in e-commerce, where a great website has an immediate impact on the bottom line.
Ten Cornerstones of Success
Within each e-commerce project, Bright Launch ensures that the following 10 steps are followed – and future success is virtually guaranteed. To learn more, please contact us for a free consultation.
- 1- Carry out appropriate market research to understand how to set your online store apart from the competion. This provides the designer with clear benchmarks, and allows everyone to judge the success of the project.
- 2- Select an e-commerce solution that integrates order fulfillment, inventory management, accounting and shipping options. Plan ahead and make sure that the software package scales sufficiently for business growth.
- 3- Understand which third-party components are required to successfully operate the online store, and consider their fee structure.
- 4- Use a customized layout that sets itself apart from the generic, out-of-the-box e-commerce layouts. Distinguish between necessary functionality (good) and bells and whistles (bad).
- 5- Use thumbnail images for fast download. Choose only quality photography, and optimize product shots in Photoshop to integrate them into the theme.
- 6- Optimize the checkout process for a smooth shopping experience. Anticipate a shopper’s concerns and address them preemptively.
- 7- Add an SSL certificate and consider all aspects of data security (i.e. transactions, customer accounts). Above all, you want to communicate trustworthiness.
- 9- Assemble clear and comprehensive product descriptions. Nothing is more annoying than a generic description.
- 10- Post your address and contact information to bridge the gap betwen a brick-and-mortar and online store. Customers should feel that they deal with humans, and that they can talk to someone if need be.
Other Services & Solutions
Why Hire Bright Launch?
If you are currently considering opening an online store, you may already be aware of the complex interplay between the e-commerce application, the payment gateway, the merchant account and your point-of-sale system. Unless your e-commerce solution integrates inventory, accounting and shipping functions, there are additional modules to interface.
Bright Launch encourages clients to select low-cost, open-source packages that can instantly save you up to $25,000. These packages are dependable, secure, endlessly customizable, and put you in full control. Depending on a client’s needs, they can integrate order fullfilment, inventory management, real-time shipping quotes, multiple payment options and many more features.
Rather than spending your money on software, we suggest you let our e-commerce experts customize a solution that’s right for you. We’ll explain available options and their implications in plain language, and familiarize you with site maintenance in one-on-one training sessions where you can ask anything you feel you need to know.
In addition, our experts can assist you with
- driving paid traffic to your e-commerce or single-product website
- optimizing the performance of Facebook or Google ads
- optimizing your product landing page for conversion
- setting up and configuring of your checkout page
- configuring upsell pages
- setting up/configuring Ultracart shopping carts with custom checkout APIs
- collecting real-time traffic and conversion analytics
- setting up your supply chain and shipping operations
- A/B split-testing your landing pages
Get Started Today
- Want to enlist Bright Launch? Download our e-commerce request for information (RFI) questionaire, and tell us about your objectives, requirements and vision for your online store.
- Interested in further resources? Visit our FAQ and Resources section, and don’t forget to browse the e-commerce section.
- Need to discuss your specific project? Call us for a free consultation.